Campaign Finance Disclosure Reports

Campaign Disclosure Forms

The Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) provides Campaign Disclosure Manuals for candidates and committees. We strongly recommend you review these manuals and contact FPPC with any questions you may have regarding the schedule and filing forms.

Candidate Intention Statement

Form 501 allows a candidate to announce his/her intention to run for a particular office. File Form 501 before you solicit or receive any contributions or make expenditures from personal funds on behalf of your candidacy.

State of Organization

Form 410 must be filed within 10 days of receiving $2,000 or more in contributions, including money spent from personal funds by a candidate. The original form must be filed with the Secretary of State, Political Reform Division. Include a $50 payment made payable to the Secretary of State. File a copy with your local filing officer. Upon filing with the Secretary of State, you will receive a campaign committee number.

Officeholder and Candidate Campaign Statement Short

Form 470 is filed by officeholders and candidates who do not have a controlled committee, do not receive contributions totaling $2,000 or more during the calendar year, and do not plan on spending $2,000 or more during the calendar year.

Recipient Committee Campaign Statement

Form 460 is filed by recipient committees to report their expenditures and contributions. This form can be used to file a pre-election statement, semi-annual statement, quarterly statement, termination statement, special odd-year report, or an amendment to a previously filed statement.

Campaign Finance & Reporting Requirements

The Political Reform Act of 1974 is the state law governing campaign finances and spending, lobbying, conflicts of interest, gift limits, and post-government employment restrictions. This Act requires all candidates for elective office, all elected officeholders, and all committees supporting or opposing candidates or measures to file campaign disclosure statements listing all the contributions received and expenditures made. The Political Reform Act of 1974 is administered and enforced by the California FPPC. If you have specific questions about the Political Reform Act, you should consult with the FPPC and your legal counsel.

Contribution limits for county offices and the Board of Supervisors are set by the County Election Campaign Ordinance.

Finance Report

When and Where to File?

Filing deadlines in non-election years include a semi-annual and quarterly reporting period. Filing deadlines in election years include the above, a 90-day 24-hour reporting period and two pre-election reporting periods for each election.

  • City Candidates and Committees - file with your City Clerk.
  • State Candidates and Committees - file with the Secretary of State.
  • Federal Candidates and Committees – file with the Federal Elections Commission.

Contact Imperial County Election’s Filing Officer at (442) 265-1072 for additional information.

Language »